Sonntag, 22. Dezember 2013

Late Autumn Addendum: Halloween Monsters

I know, I know.... Halloween took place two months ago.... My excuse? I was very busy in my new job, learning everything that there is to learn which left me with scarcely the energy to take care of other things.

None the less, I did finally get around to photgraphing my season-specific works and here they are, folks:


From left to right I may present the Mummy, the Witch and the Wardrobe... ahem... the Ghost.

While I created the Ghost and the Witch with my usual techniques of going in circles, I decided on another approach for the Mummy. For it, I crocheted a very long string (ca. 2 meters) with simple hooks. Then, I took a small bundle of white wool and wrapped the string around it in rows in order to give it that mummified look. The arms and legs were essentially done with the same technique, but I supported the stability with additional stitches from another white wool string. So it was basically a sequence of wrapping - sewing - wrapping - sewing. Once everything was tight, I sewed on the remaining loose end and created the face with black wool.

My tip when doing a ghost: attach a loop to the head, so that you can put it up everywhere in the house or scare others with it while flinging it around. Worked at least for me ;-)

Cheers,
your devoted Crocheter Fran

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen